The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi encourages mobility of university as part of their training in the field of tourism and hospitality. For students of HTSI university programs, an essential element is to acquire a range of skills such as foreign languages, intercultural and international experience.
THE EXPERIENCE OF TRAVEL AS A LEARNING METHOD
With experience as a methodology, the Study Tours are focused on various subjects, both academic and professional. The university can, through these trips, implement the knowledge acquired in the classroom, meet diverse perspectives of the tourism sector and the national and international hospitality industry, as well as interact with other students from diverse backgrounds.
The purpose of these trips is, above all, so students have enriching experiences with colleagues from the HTSI university community that improve the personal understanding of oneself through experience outside the classroom, and to discover the reality of the tourism and hospitality sector beyond the purely academic boundaries. Some trips have a more professional focus, and are centred on getting to know the status of tourism and hotel development at the destination. These generally include visits to hotels and tourism businesses. Other trips are more focused on getting to know the social circumstances of the countries visited; they are organized together with other schools of Ramon Llull University.
Above all, the purpose of these trips is to provide students with enriching experiences together with their classmates from the HTSI community. These trips improve students’ view of themselves through experiences outside the classroom, and allow them to discover the reality of the tourism and hotel sector beyond purely academic aspects.
Dubrovnik, San Francisco, Senegal, Morocco, Colombia, Dubai or Hong Kong are some of the destinations chosen by the future leaders of the tourism sector to improve the knowledge they gain in the classroom.
Some abilities they put to use are:
- Mastery of foreign languages.
- Discovering other cultures.
- Having an international experience.
- Getting to know the tourism and hospitality sector from within.
- Sharing knowledge with other students.
- Developing the social, solidarity-based side of tourism.
Get to know the enriching study tour experiences enjoyed by HTSI students:
Ramon Llull University has a sports service that manages and coordinates the participation of students in sports and organization of internal links between different centers of the URL.
URL students can choose between two sports campuses, which are located in the district of Sarria-Sant Gervasi:
- Can Caralleu, complex, of 30,000 m2 and surrounded by nature;
- La Salle Sport & Fitness, a club at the forefront of the fitness industry
Access more information on the URL Sports Service
Services for students
- Universitat Ramon Llull services.
- Classroom work: space available to students for work.
- Computers for students in the Tourist Documentation Center.
- E-mail for each student.
- Individual mailboxes: for each student.
- Virtual Campus: Internet space where notes and documentation of different subjects are provided.
- Free Internet for all students.
- Tutoring: there is an academic tutor for each year of the Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management and for the master program degrees.
- International Welcome Desk available to all foreign students.
- Can Caralleu Sports activities: all URL students may access sports facilities at Can Caralleu at a special price.
- Cafeteria: space where breakfast and lunch are served.
- Photocopy and documentation center: self-service machines and copy and binding services.
- Vending machines: coffee, soft drinks and food.
- Religious Counselor: Students who wish may contact a person to deal with particular issues.
If you want to request information you can fill this form. One of our advisors will contact you in order to solve your doubts and offer you all the information that you need.